Summery Citrus Flavours

February can be a bit of a dull month. Cold, windy and very very wet (as we've seen in England), it throws a bit of a dampener on your spirits. Christmas is a distant memory and it's hard to remember days when I didn't have icy feet and painful ears.

To keep myself sane, I have enjoyed pinning photos onto my 'Global Traveller' board on Pinterest.  Travel outfits and breathtaking photos of sandy beaches, cobbled streets and city lights... I think of my 'Summer Days' board - balmy evenings, picnics, ice-cream... Where are you, summer? 


Nothing captures the feeling of summer more than some citrus fruits.  Here's a little something - taken from a friend's collection of recipes - that will hopefully brighten your day and put you in the mood for some sun. 



Iced lemon squares
170g Marie biscuits (or rich tea biscuits)
8 tbsp condensed milk 
Zest of one lemon
110g dessicated coconut
110g margarine/butter

225g icing sugar
Lemon juice

1. Melt the margarine. Add the condensed milk to the pan. 

2. Bash up the biscuits into fine crumbs and add these to the melted margarine. Stir in the coconut and lemon zest. Spread into a greased tin, pressing down with your fingers. Chill in the fridge for fifteen to twenty minutes.

3. Make the icing by mixing the lemon juice and icing sugar together. Spread on top of the biscuit base and leave to set.

4. Cut into squares and enjoy! 



Comments

  1. This looks delicious! citrus in anything really does brighten your day! and I agree- I keep finding myself drooling over holiday images on pinterest!
    katie xx
    www.katieskitchenjournal.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I read all your comments and treasure each one. Drop me a line and I"ll check out your blog, too! x