My 'To Read' list

A New Year always brings lists. Lists of ways to lose weight / get a promotion / save money... This year I thought I'd make a list about books I want to read over the next few months. 


This Side Of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Fitzgerald's first novel - and one that is 'painfully autobiographical', according to the blurb on my edition. I bought the book because studying The Great Gatsby this year in school made me want to find out a little bit more about Fitzgerald and the Jazz Age. I've only read the first two chapters or so but already I can see parallels between his life and the life of the main character. 

An Abundance of Katherines by John Green 
Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan.
The above two books were presents from a good friend of mine. He's been asking  me to read them for ages now and I imagine he just got sick of me saying, "I'll buy them later"! Still, I've nearly finished An Abundance of Katherines and, whilst it's very different to TFIOS, it is a lovely book enriched with humour and a little touch of romance. I'm interested to see how the double authorship works in Will Grayson, Will Grayson

Paris by Edward Rutherfurd
I love historical novels, so when I spotted this in Waterstones I thought it would be perfect for me. I'll admit that the large size is putting me off beginning  it in the midst of a busy school term, when I'll only be able to read a hurried page here and there; but we shall see. Perhaps the pull of France will be too much to keep me away from it for very long!


Moriarty by Anthony Horowitz
 I haven't bought this book yet (I might just get it from the library instead) but I've read a sample chapter and it gripped me immediately. I've always been a Horowitz fan (though I never got round to reading the The Power Of Five series) so I'm looking forward to see how he puts his spin on the Sherlock Holmes story. 

You're The One That I Want by Giovanna Fletcher
This book has been on my mind for a while now - initially because the author is married to Tom Fletcher of McFly fame, but also because it sounds like the type of cute love story that could take you away from the troubles of the day. I also received a recommendation from a friend - someone who doesn't read, may I add! - so it's certainly one to add to the list.

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus by John Gray 
Practically a classic by now, this was another Christmas present. Mum and Dad told me that they read it together before they got married and whilst I'm miles away from that stage yet I know it is going to make a good read. It's refreshing to have something different to my usual novels and, after flicking through a few pages on Christmas Day, I can tell that it will be very informative! 

So, those will keep me going for a while! What have you been reading recently / what are you looking forward to reading? Let me know if you have any recommendations! 

Comments

  1. Great selection, I really want to read more of Fitzgerald's books too.


    bethanlikes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked those John Green books. As you said, they are different to TFIOS but they are good reads in their own right. I don't read as much as I'd like to, seeing these reading list posts always makes me want to pick up the nearest book and dive in!

    http://technicolourdreamer.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I read all your comments and treasure each one. Drop me a line and I"ll check out your blog, too! x