The Christmas Tag

I feel as if there's been a serious lack of posts lately - sorry about that! There's been quite a lot going on in my life recently, such as concerts (plus accompanying music practices), dinners out and homeworks, not to mention driving lessons and Christmas shopping.

Anyway, I saw this 'Christmas Tag' on Beth's blog and I thought it would be nice to share a bit of my Christmas with you. I often think I should be more personal in my writing so here's a few little facts about our family Christmas traditions. 


1. What is your favourite Christmas film?
I haven't actually seen that many modern Christmas films, so my favourites tend to be the classics, like Home Alone and White Christmas. I also love The Holiday, even though it's  not really about Christmas!

2. Do you open presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
When I was little I used to open one present on Christmas Eve simply because I couldn't wait any longer, but traditionally we open our presents on Christmas Day. Again, as a child I would have opened all of my 'Santa' presents in the morning, but last year it was well into the evening before I actually got down to opening them! I suppose it shows that the presents are becoming less important to me as I get older (but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy them!).

3. Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
Not that I can think of - I enjoy it every year. 

4. Favourite festive food?
Christmas pudding. Mmm. 

5. Favourite Christmas gift?
That's a tough one. I think it would have to be my Cath Kidston purse (I take it everywhere) or an Animal Hospital set I got when I was about five.

6. Favourite Christmas scent?
Cinnamon! Everything cinnamon! 

7. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
Typically it's just getting into my pyjamas early and relaxing with a mug of hot chocolate, an open fire and a film or a good book. This year I'm hoping to go to the midnight service at my local church, if I can stay awake for long enough! 

8. What tops your tree?
A very pretty gold star. 

9. As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) you always asked for but never received?
A singing Barbie which came with a headset/microphone for you to sing into. It was on my wish list for several years!

10. What's the best part about Christmas for you?
Coming home from carol singing to a nice warm house, mulled wine and mince pies. The atmosphere is unbeatable.  

Let me know if you decide to do this tag, too - I'd love to see what your Christmas is like. 

Comments