A Italian lunch

In mid September I turned seventeen. To celebrate, I took some of my friends out to a little Italian restaurant near the centre of Belfast.

I'd never been to Esperanza before but, having recently dined at their sister restaurant Villa Italia, thought I'd give it a try.

Their lunch menu was excellent - a good variety of foods at good prices. Your first soft drink even came free! There were traditional Italian options such as lasagne or pizza, as well as slighty less Italian chicken nuggets.

I picked a vegetarian ciabatta filled with roasted vegetables, pesto and mozzerella cheese. It was delicious.



Other choices included:

Pizza slice


Lasagne



BLT on ciabatta


As well as pasta in tomato sauce and some crispy chicken goujons. 

Of course, we couldn't go out without having dessert. Especially not on my birthday! 

I decided to share a chocolate brownie with salted caramel and tiny chunks of marshmallow. Such a treat and an absolutely divine dessert. 



My friends chose Eton Mess and a rich chocolate cake which appears to have been caught in a snowstorm.



So much chocolatey goodness!

I must mention that we had a great waiter who made us laugh every time he came over. Don't underestimate the power of good service.

I left Speranza full of delicious food, laden down with thoughtful presents and thankful for conversation and laughs with good friends. It was so good to catch up with the girls - most of them aren't in my classes this year so I've missed being able to talk to them. 

I encourage you to take a few hours out of your weekend and make time to meet with friends. You'll come away feeling happy, carefree and looking forward to the week ahead - whatever it may bring! 

Find Speranza here. 

Comments